Effective April 1, 2009
Types of Personal Information We Collect
If you are applying for employment at TGM, these additional categories of information will also be deemed to be Personal Information:
- Background report
- Results of drug screenings
- Employment verification
How We Use and Disclose Personal Information
We collect, retain, and use Personal Information for the reasons stated below:
- To complete the leasing process;
- To request a credit report in connection with leasing or job applications;
- To process job applications;
- To contact you in response to your inquiries, comments and suggestions;
- To contact you otherwise when necessary;
- For the specific purpose for which it was volunteered (for example, to receive notice from us);
- To track our visitors’ use of the Site for internal market research;
- To improve the Site and the services TGM promotes or provides through the Site or through other means;
- For special promotions, contests or survey registrations;
- To customize the content and/or layout of our Site for each individual visitor;
- To ask for your participation in brief surveys;
- To complete any purchases or other transactions you may perform at the Site;
- To notify visitors about updates to the Site or services;
- To notify you about promotions, special offers, etc., regarding products and services provided by us or our affiliates or partners.
- To be provided to third party service providers on behalf of TGM;
- As required by law or regulation, or as requested by government authorities;
- To be provided to a purchaser, successor, or assignee in connection with an acquisition, merger, sale or other transfer of all or any portion of our business; and
- For our internal business purposes.
We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
In order to
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We use encryption technology to protect data transmitted during the online lease completion process and for online payment of rent or other charges. Your browser will indicate when such encryption is activated (i.e., a padlock icon will be shown in Microsoft’s Internet Explorer).
While our security measures are intended to protect your Personal Information, the complete security of any transmission over the public internet cannot be guaranteed.
We do not collect or maintain information at our Site from those we know are under 13, and we do not permit children under 13 years of age to become registered users of our Site. No part of our Site is structured to attract anyone under 13. By using our Site you represent that you are not under 13 years of age.
Links to Third-Party Web Sites
Our Site may offer links to other Web sites which may have information policies and practices different from ours. We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices or the content of any third party Web sites.
Email Consent and Opt-Out
Your provision of Personal Information through our resident access site constitutes your affirmative consent that we may contact you by email to provide you with information and notices relating to the property where you reside, and various services available to you at or through that property.
You may choose to opt out of receiving future commercial email messages from us. Each mass commercial email sent by us contains a link with instructions on how to remove yourself from our email list. If you are a resident of a TGM community and you opt out of receiving commercial email from us, you will continue to receive email from us regarding operational issues surrounding your apartment, your lease, and/or your community.
If you are a resident of a TGM community, we provide you with the ability to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current. For security purposes, we require user verification via user’s user name and password to receive Personal Information. To edit your Personal Information, you must login to Resident Access using your user name and password and access the myProfile/Update My Profile page. You will then have the ability to make the desired modifications or additions to your Personal Information. Fields marketed with “*” are required to be completed in order to save your desired modifications or additions. You must click submit for the changes to be updated and effective.
How to Contact Us